This Vegan White Bean Alfredo recipe is creamy, cheesy, and packed with flavor. Who would have ever guessed that you can make an alfredo sauce using a can of white beans. This recipe is healthy, low-calorie, and low-fat so you don’t have to feel bad about going back for seconds.
There are so many ways to make alfredo sauce using only plant-based ingredients. In addition to this recipe for white bean alfredo, we also have a couple others that we love too:
- Cauliflower Alfredo: nut-free and bursting with flavor, this cauliflower alfredo sauce is one of our favorite recipes ever.
- White White Lemon Alfredo: this lemony alfredo sauce is completely vegan and made with soaked cashews to get the ultimate creaminess.
Learn how to make vegan white bean alfredo in less than one minute:
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. We love to take it up a notch and garnish with garlicky toasted breadcrumbs, seasoned hemp seeds, fresh parsley, basil, red pepper flakes, or vegan parmesan!
If you make this recipe, tag us on Instagram @pastabased or leave a comment below.
Creamy, cheesy, healthy, low-calorie and low-fat alfredo sauce made with white beans. Totally vegan for a totally delicious and guilt-free dinner.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion (yellow or white)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Mince garlic and chop onion. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until soft.
In a blender, add garlic and onion, vegetable broth, lemon juice, cannellini beans, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Blend until creamy and smooth. Heat in saucepan and serve over pasta.
This recipe yields about 1.5 cups (400g) of sauce.